Can I just tell you how I really feel about the whole capsule wardrobe thing? I love it and hate it, depending on the day. A wardrobe that can be mixed and matched and that makes picking an outfit each day feel easier is awesome. Never feeling like I have nothing to wear, great. But. I also really love to buy new clothes. I bought a few new things to round out my Spring capsule a few months ago, and they really have been wardrobe staples for me this spring, and I know I’ll wear them a lot this summer too.
Five Wardrobe Staples Under $50
I am not really a “minimalist”, but I don’t like to waste money or have a closet full of things that I don’t wear very often. Buying nice, quality items is also important. But I also know that I don’t want to worry about my kids ruining what I’m wearing. My weight also fluctuates more than it used to, so investing in the “right size” is harder to do. I’m happy with the quality of the items below, but also feel good about the prices. So here’s what I’ve been wearing on repeat lately!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. To read my full disclosure, click here.
- Stripes = awesome in my book, so this striped tee had to come home with me. The stripes are navy (I thought they were black) and I love pairing it with the distressed skinnies.
- White tees and about as basic as they come, but I love how they showcase my jewelry and just feel effortless. This one is so so soft, it’s definitely my favorite!
- I cannot even tell you the last time I wore flare jeans (2001!), but I LOVE these jeans. It’s also been a while since I’ve worn AE, but these are super comfortable so I guess you’re never too old.
- Distressed skinnies have been on my list for a while now, and I really love the distressing on this pair.
- You can’t have too many white tees, in fact, I probably need a couple more. This one is really affordable and a quality item. Both of the tees I’ve linked too require a tank underneath, let me know if you have one that doesn’t!
I can hear what you’re thinking…white tee and jeans is pretty basic. Yes. But it’s the perfect base to build a really great (and comfortable!) outfit from. To mix it up, just change your earrings, or add a hat, or different shoes, or curl your hair, the options to make the outfit feel different is almost endless! What wardrobe staples would you add to this list?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email and a FREE Decorating on a Budget Worksheet.