I began collecting blue and white pottery in high school. Hours were spent arranging it on the builtin shelving in my bedroom, along with my copies of Austen, Dickens, and Anne of Green Gables. What can I say, I’ve always been an old soul. My collections ranges from tea sets to cake stands, to canisters, but lately I’ve been adding some ginger jars into the mix. Ginger jars come in a wide variety of sizes, shapes, even colors, but my personal favorites are the classic blue and white with greek key or chinoiserie designs. Today I’ve rounded up the best sources for ginger jars, from the really affordable to pricey ,and everywhere in between.
Best Sources for Ginger Jars
Photo Source: French Country Cottage
Ginger jars make such an impact grouped in a big collection, which is easy to do with affordable versions! I must give an honorable mention to Home Goods, who inspired me to do this post with the blue and white goodness I shared on Instagram Stories last week. Of course, you never know what you will find when you visit Home Goods, so here are some other places to look for affordable options.
- Amazon – large range of sizes and price points!
- Houzz – not always my first thought when I shop online, but they have some really pretty ones.
- Pier 1 – Really unique options!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. To see my full disclosure, click here.
Photo Source: House of Harper
Middle of the Road Options
The shapes and patterns for the middle of the road options are more traditional than the options above. One Kings Lane has an especially good selection, and they all look high end without the high end price tag.
- One Kings Lane – ginger jar heaven!
- Joss & Main – I found a few good options, but the inventory changes a lot.
Photo Source: One King’s Lane
High End Options
If you’re interested in vintage or antiques, this section is for you. I’ve also included some designer pieces from some favorite design shops.
- Chairish – so. many. jars. A ton of gorgeous vintage options. Try searching by city to look for local options!
- Caitlin Wilson Design – I really respect this designer’s work, and she has a lovely online shop that frequently has ginger jars.
- Mintwood Home – this online shop’s ginger jars sell out often, so if you love one, move fast!
- Etsy – Lots of interesting options with interesting histories.
Photo Source: Lemon Stripes
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email and a FREE Decorating on a Budget Worksheet.